Leopold Education Project workshops include activities that get families, youth groups, and teachers to take children outdoors to explore the natural world. Based on Leopold's essays in “A Sand County Almanac”, the activities incorporate reading, observations, quantifying, art, and enhance the development of many life skills while investigating the land community that includes the soil, air, water, and animals of an area. Promoting wise stewardship of these natural resources including positive interactions with nature by citizens of all ages is a primary goal of the Leopold Education Project.
Leopold Education Project - Missouri
UPCOMING LEP WORKSHOP INFORMATION
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2017
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (check in for snacks and beverages starts at 8:30)
- Location: The Watershed Center, 2450 E Valley Water Mill Rd, Springfield, MO 65803
- Registration: $25 (Includes "A Sand County Almanac" book, LEP Curriculum Guide, Set of 28 Exploration Cards - a total value of $47.95)
- Workshop instructional elements include indoor and outdoor exposure so please, prepare for the weather with sturdy footwear and layers of clothing. Some walking on gentle trails should be expected. Accommodations will be made to provide for group dynamics.
- To register, make $25 check made to MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY - LEP Workshop, and mail to Celeste Prussia, Missouri State University, 901 S. National Ave., Springfield, MO 65897. Please, provide your name, address, email, and mobile phone number if available and any special needs or concerns you might wish addressed before participating in the workshop.
Complete the form below with Email address, first and last names to receive a response back via Email.