The site includes a two-story stone-house plus several smaller out-buildings. In August, the Missouri State Board of Governors voted to purchase a house immediately outside the gate to the Drury Wildlife Conservation Area. The house was originally constructed by Frank Drury in 1924. Each house has beds for 10 people. Electrical power is now supplied by a photovoltaic system consisting of 3 solar panels on the roof and a bank of 8 batteries for energy storage. Propane wall heaters provide a greater level of comfort for winter and cool-season use than previously experienced. Phone service consists of a cell phone, which may be used for work-related calls. Our toilet facilities include an ADA-compliant restroom on the ground level and a bathroom with shower on the second floor. We do have running water for cooking and cleaning, however, an intermittent moderate sulfur odor has given some users reason to bring bottled water for drinking.
A picnic shelter or pavilion provides fresh-air cover from sun and rain. It is furnished with six picnic tables and benches around the perimeter.
A classroom building has space for seating with or without tables for group use.
The old run-down wood and stone shed has been remodeled and updated to serve as a laboratory.
In August 2003, the Missouri State Board of Governors voted to purchase a house immediately outside the gate to the Drury Wildlife Conservation Area. With the purchase of this house, we have additional facilities for researchers and classes to stay overnight.